Leading with Expertise
Expertise is the keel of leadership. The webinar is presented by Captain VS Parani, Author of the book Golden Stripes- Leadership on the High Seas and Host of the Golden Stripes Podcast. He presents his view from the context of his career of over 25 years in the merchant marine but is applicable for professionals in all industries.
Parani’s book, podcast, and now this webinar focus on practical leadership techniques for anyone starting out in their jobs to C-level executives.
You don’t have necessarily to be born with a high IQ to be an expert; you can become an expert in your chosen field through certain systems and habits that can be learnt and improved with practice. As you excel in your own area of work, your colleagues will seek you out to solve problems, and that’s how you start to build trust, confidence and influence. Good leaders also share their knowledge with their team which helps reduce organizational errors and improves workplace safety.
This exclusive session will highlight:
- The impact of expertise in leadership
- Skills and mindsets for gaining expertise
- The Porthole model
Key take aways
- Expertise is the foundation for leadership. On the other hand- when leaders lack expertise, nothing else works.
- People respect a leader with expertise. They are the leaders people turn to for advice.
- Learn how to become a better leader with expertise.